Home for Midland K-12
Mrs. Young is originally from Central America but has lived in the United State since she was six years of age. She grew up in Southern California. Mrs. Young has been teaching at Midland Adventist Academy in one capacity or another since 1996. During her career she has taught every grade from K-12.
She loves teaching. She is thankful to God for giving her the opportunity to teach every grade and also a variety of subjects to high school students.Her goal is to do her part to prepare all her English students for a successful college experience as they prepare for God's service.
You'd be surprised to know that...
Mrs. Young was originally an elementary school teacher, not a high school teacher. (for example, she taught 3rd & 4th grade at Midland during the 1998-1999 school year)
In 1977 Mrs. Young married Dr. Thomas W. Young, a pathologist with a specialty in forensic medicine.
The Youngs have three children, and all three are graduates of Midland.
- Michael is at Union College obtaining a teaching certificate in secondary education, Bible.
- Miriam graduated from the School of Medicine of Loma LInda University in May of 2011. She has started her year in Internal Medicine - a prerequisite before starting her residency in Radiology. Miriam and her husband, Ted, will stay in Loma Linda, California throughout the residency training program.
- Richard and his wife, Natalie, still live in Lincoln, Nebraska. Richard is now Director of Recruitment for Union College.
Education & Experience
Bachelor of Arts - Elementary Education
Loma Linda University (La Sierra Campus)
- East Valley Adventist School, Southern California Conference
- El Cerrito Elementary, Corona Norco Unified School District
- Becker Adventist School, Georgia Cumberland Conference
- Midland Adventist Academy (1996-present)