Home for Midland K-12
After-School Child Care
Updated: Aug 3, 2016Feeling the need of some child care after school while you run an errand? Can't get to school from work until 6:00 pm? If so, Tracy Kreiter and Midland have some good news for you! Starting in August, Mrs. Kreiter will be providing after-school child care at Midland.
Continue reading below for additional information and an application form.
Mrs. Kreiter is a mother of two daughters (Paige and Peyton), who both attend Midland Adventist Academy. She attended Midland grades 1-10 (before they offered 12 grades), and is the daughter of long-time teacher Mr. Vollmer. She has 19 years of professional experience in Child Care including SMMC Child Care Center, YMCA Before and After School program, Head Start, and local Nanny positions. She has 32 credit hours towards an Associate of Arts Degree in Early Childhood Education, and is CPR and First Aid-certified. References or resume can be provided upon request.
- Program is structured for MAA students grades K-8. Older students may be accepted based on teacher's discretion
- Must complete an Application Form (see below) and return to Tracy Kreiter.
- Part-time, or “drop-in” care is also available with the same rates/guidelines listed here.
- Previous MAA Conference Room (Elementary wing) will be the primary location
- Monday – Thursday: After School until 6:00 PM
- Friday: After School until 5:30 PM, changes to 4:30 PM from November 1 - February 1
- Early dismissal days (half-days): After School until 6:00 PM (child must bring their own lunch, as Midland does not provide lunch on half-days)
- MAA breaks: 7:30 AM - 6:00 PM (Please schedule in advance, and bring your own lunch on full days. A minimum of two children must sign up in order for service to be provided on full days).
Please note: Midland After School Care will not be available on Snow Days, Holidays, or child Sick Days
- Price is $5.00/hr. per student, with a one-hour minimum.
- A half-price discount of $2.50/hour is available to the 3rd child of one family.
- After the first hour, pricing will be billed for the exact time (per minute) at the rate of $5.00/hr. (Example: if your child stayed for 1.23 hrs, you will be billed for $5.00 x 1.23 = $6.15).
- The (billed) Start Time will begin at 3:20 pm (M-Th).
- The (billed) Start Time will begin at 1:30 pm Fridays.
- The (billed) Start Time will begin at 12:10 pm on half days
- Full After School Care days during breaks will be billed at $5/hour for the first four hours, and $3.50/hour thereafter
- You will be billed monthly. Statements will be sent via e-mail on the last business day of the month. Payment is due on or before the 10th of the following month (just like Midland's tuition schedule). Example: January statement will be e-mailed on January 31. Payment is due on February 10 or before. If payment is not received on or before the 10th, we reserve the right to refuse care on the following day (11th).
- Payments will be collected by Tracy Kreiter. Checks should be made payable to Midland Adventist Academy. For accurate accounting purposes, please only pay the exact amount due.
- A healthy snack will be provided. (Please list any food allergies or restrictions on Application Form.)
- Homework time. (Homework will not be enforced by the child care teacher. Only the student knows whether he/she needs to do homework)
- Socialize with friends.
- Recreation in gymnasium (if available), or outdoor play (weather permitting).
- Kids movie time
Please complete the tentative schedule in the Application Form for the days/times you’ll need care. If your child is not going to be present on their regular scheduled day, please email or call Mrs. Kreiter's cell phone at (913) 237-7987. This is to ensure your child’s safety and whereabouts.
Pickup location is the front entrance. Please come to the After School Care Room to pick up your child. Please initial the sign-out sheet with the actual pick-up time. Please call Mrs. Kreiter's cell at (913) 237-7987 if you are running late for pick-up.
Click here for an application form.