Home for Midland K-12
There are a variety of abbreviations and acronyms used at Midland and on our website. Here is a brief list - if you have additional suggestions, please let us know!
- A&P - Anatomy & Physiology. Upper-level science class for high school students
- ABC - Adventist Book Center. A Christian book store selling a wide variety of products, including vegetarian meat substitutes
- ACT - American College Testing. A standardized test taken by high school students. Used to determine college eligibility and scholarship levels.
- BAR - Broken Arrow Ranch. Youth camp where a number of our high school students work during the summer. Each August our high school students spend three days here; also the site for September's Environmental Camp for grades 5 and 6.
- BJV - Boys Junior Varsity. One of the basketball teams available at Midland
- BMS - Boys Middle School. One of the basketball teams available at Midland.
- BV - Boys Varsity. One of the basketball teams available at Midland.
- CogAT - Cognative Abilities Test. Standardized test taken by elementary students during September
- FACTS - Financial system used to evaluate requests for financial aid at school
- GMS - Girls Middle School. One of the volleyball/basketball teams available at Midland.
- GV - Girls Varsity. One of the volleyball/basketball teams available at Midland.
- K12BTSN - K-12 Back to School Night. An annual first-day-of-school meeting for parents and other interested parties
- RenWeb - Well, RenWeb! A Registrars package for recording student information and grades. Used by the ParentWeb portal to provide high school parents the ability to access grades on line.
- IT - Iowa Testing. Standardized test taken by elementary students during September (formerly known as ITBS)
- KAIRS - Kansas Association of Religious and Independent Schools. Midland holds accreditation with this statewide educational organization. It is largest organization of non-public schools in the state, and has been in existence for more than 40 years.
- KCAYSL - Kansas City Adventists Youth Softball League. An open summer softball league for kids that takes place on the Midland school fields. Now run by the i9 Sports organization.
- KS/NE - Kansas / Nebraska Conference. The state-level organization for the Seventh-day Adventist Church (level 2).
- MAA - Midland Adventist Academy. Shorthand for our school name.
- MAUC - Mid-America Union Conference. The regional-level organization for the Seventh-day Adventist Church (level 3).
- NCPSA - National Council for Private School Accreditation. Midland holds accreditation with this nationally recognized educational organization.
- NAD - North American Division. The North American organization of the Seventh-day Adventist Church (level 4).
- PE - Physical Education. Classes for students including exercise, sports, and healthy living.
- PSAT/NMSQT - Preliminary SAT / National Merit Scholarship Qualifying Test. Standardized test taken by high school Juniors.
- SA - Student Association. This is the student body organization for grades 9-12.
- SDA - Seventh-day Adventist. The organized church body that Midland belongs to.
- UC - Union College. The closest Adventist college to Midland, located in Lincoln, NE. This is the site of yearly music festivals, sports tournaments, and college visits.
Midland's website has a concise set of tabs with drop-down menus for related pages. Here is a brief overview of what the tabs are for, and what you can find under each one.
You can also use our sitemap should you be so inclined.
Academics - Classes, Enrollment forms, handbook, standardized testing
Calendar - School calendar
Finances - Financial information for attending Midland
Life @ MAA - News from Midland, Mustang athletics, SA
Photos - Picture galleries, movies and podcasts from Midland
Faculty - Short bios of our staff, quarterly Principal's letter
Community - Alumni, favorite links, Home & School, Foundation, Sponsors, StoryTime
About Us - Description of what Midland and Adventist education stand for, accreditation, History
Contact Us - Contact Midland with questions and requests