After a very long summer, we are finally getting ready to send off our graduates with all the pomp and circumstance we can muster.
Sunday, August 2, 2020
- High school graduation ceremony will begin at 9:00 a.m.
- 8th grade graduation ceremony will begin at 7:00 p.m.
In an attempt to keep the number of in-person attendees to a reasonable number, please only plan to attend if you have been invited by a graduate or their family. If you are a graduate, please limit the number of invited guests. Graduations will be streamed via Facebook Live for those who wish to celebrate with us virtually.
Graduation will be in MAA's gymnasium on Sunday due to the recent and expected rains. Here are the guidelines:
- Face masks are required at all times for all people in attendance except for the graduates themselves.
- Graduates will be socially distanced from each other on the stage
- The chairs are set up in the gymnasium in a particular way. Please do not move the chairs. There are many groups of ten chairs (two rows of five) that will be considered a family group. Each family group set of chairs is six feet apart from the next family group to provide adequate social distancing. Please sit with your group of people that you have in your personal COVID "bubble."
- Doors will open thirty minutes before the ceremony starts.
- Please limit the number of invited guests. We are not placing a number on the limit due to the short notice for travel reasons, but please be considerate of the current COVID situation and self-limit how many guests you are bringing due to this now being inside the gym.
- The outside doors will be opened and the gymnasium fan system will be working to cycle through fresh clean air during and after the program.
- Please do not linger in the building after the ceremony.