This page contains copies of parent notifications concerning Midland and COVID-19.
July 30 letter on Graduation
Hello Graduates and Parents,
The weather is not cooperating with us, unfortunately. We have looked at the field with all the rain we have been getting at the school and it will very likely not be sufficiently dry by the time we have graduation on Sunday. That is also coupled with a growing chance of rain on Sunday morning. This has caused us to explore having graduation in the gym on Sunday. We have worked out the logistics to be as safe as possible during this time of COVID.
Graduation will be in MAA's gymnasium on Sunday. I apologize if this change in plans creates an inconvenience for you.
Here are the new guidelines for Sunday:
- Face masks are required at all times for all people in attendance except for the graduates themselves.
- Graduates will be socially distanced from each other on the stage
- The chairs are set up in the gymnasium in a particular way. Please do not move the chairs. There are many groups of ten chairs (two rows of five) that will be considered a family group. Each family group set of chairs is six feet apart from the next family group to provide adequate social distancing. Please sit with your group of people that you have in your personal COVID "bubble."
- Doors will open thirty minutes before the ceremony starts.
- Please limit the number of invited guests. We are not placing a number on the limit due to the short notice for travel reasons, but please be considerate of the current COVID situation and self-limit how many guests you are bringing due to this now being inside the gym.
- The ceremony is going to be live-streamed on our Facebook page. We encourage you to utilize this option as much as possible.
- The outside doors will be opened and the gymnasium fan system will be working to cycle through fresh clean air during and after the program.
- Please do not linger in the building after the ceremony.
The starting time will remain unchanged.
Thank you for all working together to make this event meaningful for everyone as well as making it as safe as possible.
Midland Adventist Academy
July 23 letter