Elementary Spring Concert
Earlier this month Mr. Hutchison directed the Elementary students in their annual Spring concert. The audience enjoyed a variety of choirs and bands, as well as the Midland Bell Choir, directed by Mrs. Laura Borne. One of the most enjoyable songs of the evening was the K-2 choir's spirited rendition of a song in Spanish, which had the audience, especially the Spanish speakers, in fits of laughter. For pictures from the concert, review the gallery on the Music Department's home page.
Senior Class Trip
With finals completed, the Seniors of 2013 are headed to California for their class trip. They will be spending a week in Southern California enjoying the sun and all that the west coast has to offer; return date is May 22. Thanks to Steven Hutchison and Beckie Fairchild for serving as sponsors!
Keep checking back, there are sure to be Twitter updates throughout the trip (older tweets can be found here).
- Alicia Valenzuela - This week went by so fast and I had such a blast. I'm glad I came with these people. They're the greatest.
- Beckie Fairchild - Do I have to come home? #lajolla #sadtoleave #awesometrip #classtrip2013 instagram.com/p/ZoCgCOoQnT/
- Alicia Valenzuela - First time at In-N-Out!
- Jacob Prosser - heading home today. SD, it's been chill. #classtrip2013 #sandiego
- Matt Zacharias - Beautiful, just beautiful #sandiego #california #classtrip instagram.com/p/ZjskIvvkN9/
- Matt Zacharias - Life is an upward climb #california #classtrip #sandiegozoo #sandiego instagram.com/p/ZmvFyrvkNW/
- Jacob Prosser - free running at the zoo vine.co/v/b9t191DlPIn
- Jacob Prosser - sd zoo vine.co/v/b9t16ahPF5x
- Beckie Fairchild - Thai yesterday...Indian tonight.... #amazingfood #gaslampquarter #classtrip2013
- Matt Zacharias - Football on the beach, definitely everything i thought it was #greatlastday
- Beckie Fairchild - One more day at the beach #sadface #coronadoisland #biggestwavesyet #classtrip2013 instagram.com/p/Zl7aU8oQoo/
- Alicia Valenzuela - Last time driving through Coronado Bridge! :(
- Jacob Prosser - chillin on a camel.. pretty normal #sandiegozoo #camel #bros instagram.com/p/Zl1F9LHxmR/
- Jacob Prosser - Matt Z on the wings of a bird instagram.com/p/Zl0v5anxl3/
- Jacob Prosser - Zeebow and I at the zoo #sandiegozoo #zoo #classtrip #2013 instagram.com/p/ZlzAVfnxjk/
- Jacob Prosser - Hitting up the San Diego Zoo. #classtrip
- Alicia Valenzuela - :) pic.twitter.com/buQSrsSMRd
- Jacob Prosser - Midland Cali-swag takeover complete. San Diego couldn't handle us.. Haaa!… instagram.com/p/ZkSZxHnxqo/
Graduation Days Are Coming!
It happens once a year, and it’s graduation time at Midland Adventist Academy once again. We have 43 students scheduled to march down the aisle: 13 kinders, 19 eighth graders, and 11 seniors.
Please join us for the following graduation events in the MAA gym. The students will enjoy the recognition!
- 8th grade graduation – Wednesday, May 22, 7:00pm
- Kindergarten graduation – Thursday, May 23, 11:00am
- Class 2013 Consecration / Class Night – Sabbath, May 25, 7:30pm
- Class 2013 Commencement – Sunday, May 26, 10:00am
FACTS Grant & Aid Assessment
Midland uses the FACTS Grant & Aid Assessment to help evaluate requests for financial aid.
Families applying for financial aid will need to complete an application and submit the necessary supporting documentation to FACTS Grant & Aid Assessment by the July 15, 2013 deadline. If you would like to complete an application online, you may use the secure FACTS website. Parents are invited to use the school’s computer lab if necessary. For additional information, including what information is required in order for FACTS to process your application, check our dedicated FACTS page.
KCAYSL On the Horizon
The Kansas City Adventist Youth Softball League has joined up with i9 Sports to provide a fun and exciting summer season! The program is for boys and girls ages 3 through 8. Practice and games will be on Monday and Wednesday evenings from June 3 through 26 at Midland.
This program is convenient for parents because practices and games are on the same day. The focus is on having fun, equal playing time, and showing good sportsmanship.
Register by May 7 to guarantee a spot and only pay $99. Participants will receive a jersey, cap, and opportunity to earn a sportsmanship award. Register at i9 Sports or by phone at 913-904-0810. See Jason Hansen for more info.
If you are interested in receiving more information about our sc hool, click on the Contact Us tab.