Feeling the need of some child care after school while you run an errand? Can't get to school from work until 6:00 pm? If so, Tracy Kreiter and Midland have some good news for you! Starting in August, Mrs. Kreiter will be providing after-school child care at Midland.
Continue reading below for additional information and an application form.
Mrs. Kreiter is a mother of two daughters (Paige and Peyton), whom attend(ed) Midland Adventist Academy. She attended Midland grades 1-10 (before they offered 12 grades), and is the daughter of Mr. Vollmer (former MAA teacher of 40+ years). She has 24 years of professional experience in Child Care, including SMMC Child Care Center, YMCA Before and After School program, Head Start, and local nanny positions. Mrs. Kreither has 32 credit hours towards an Associate of Arts Degree in Early Childhood Education, and is certified in CPR and First Aid. References or resume can be provided upon request.
The After Care room will follow the same general COVID Safety Procedures as outlined by the staff and board.
- Masks will be required. If playing outside, a student may request a mask break, as long as he/she isolates from the rest of the class.
- Social-distancing will be encouraged.
- There will be hand-washing breaks, and hand sanitizer will be available.
- The room will be cleaned/sanitized daily.
COVID Pickup Changes
- Pickup location will be the front entryway.
- When you arrive, please call or text Tracy @ 913-237-7987.
- The After Care Teacher or your child will sign out.
- Your child will gather their items, and walk down to meet you in the front entryway.
- Program is structured for MAA students grades K-8. Older students may be accepted based on teacher’s discretion.
- Must complete Application Form below, and return to Tracy Kreiter.
- Part-time, or “drop-in” care is also available with the same rates/guidelines within this document.
The current After Care Room (Elementary wing) will be the primary location.
Monday – Thursday: After School - 6:00 PM
Friday: After School - 5:30 normal; changes to 4:30 PM from Nov 1 - Feb 1
MAA Early Dismissal (1/2 days): After School - 6:00 PM (Child must bring their own lunch, as MAA does not provide lunch on ½ days. A minimum of 2 children must sign up in order for care to be provided on full days)
Midland After School Care will not be available on Snow Days, Holidays, or child Sick Days.
- Price is $5.25/hr. per student, with a 1-hour minimum.
- A half-price discount of $2.50/hr. is available to the 3rd child of one family.
- After the first hour, pricing will billed for the exact time (per minute) at the rate of $5.25/hr. (Example: if your child stayed for 1.23 hrs., you will be billed for $5.25 X 1.23 = $6.46).
- The (billed) Start Time will begin at 3:20 (M-Th).
- The (billed) Start Time will begin at 1:30 Fridays.
- The (billed Start Time will begin at 12:10 on 1/2 days.
- Parents will be billed monthly. Statements will be sent via e-mail on the last business day of the month. Payment is due on or before the 10th of the following month (just like Midland’s tuition schedule). Example: January statement will be e-mailed on January 31. Payment is due on February 10 or before.
- If payment is not received by the 15th, a late fee of 5% of the total bill will be assessed.
- If payment is not received by the 20th of the month, your child will not be allowed in After Care until payment is made in full.
- Payments will be collected by Tracy Kreiter or the Office. Checks should be made payable to Midland Adventist Academy (MAA). For accurate accounting purposes, please only pay the exact amount due. Credit Card payments are also accepted.
- A healthy snack will be provided. (Please list any food allergies or restrictions on Application Form.)
- Homework time. (Homework will not be enforced by the child care teacher. Only the student knows whether he/she needs to do homework.)
- Socialize with friends.
- Recreation in gymnasium (if available), or outdoor play (weather permitting).
- Kids movie time
Please complete the tentative schedule in the Application Form for the days/times you’ll need care. If your child is not going to be present on their regular scheduled day, please email or call my cell phone at (913) 237-7987. This is to ensure your child’s safety and whereabouts.
Pickup location is the front entrance. Please call my cell at (913) 237-7987 if you are running late for pick-up.
Click here for an application form.