Feeling the need of some child care after school while you run an errand? Can't get to school from work until 6:00 pm? If so, Tracy Kreiter and Midland have some good news for you! Starting in August, Mrs. Kreiter will be providing after-school child care at Midland.
Continue reading below for additional information
Mrs. Kreiter is a mother of two daughters (Paige and Peyton), whom attend(ed) Midland Adventist Academy. She attended Midland grades 1-10 (before they offered 12 grades), and is the daughter of Mr. Vollmer (former MAA teacher of 40+ years). She has 25 years of professional experience in Child Care, including SMMC Child Care Center, YMCA Before and After School program, Head Start, and local nanny positions. Mrs. Kreiter has 32 credit hours towards an Associate of Arts Degree in Early Childhood Education, and is certified in CPR and First Aid. References or resume can be provided upon request.
- Program is structured for MAA students grades K-8. Older students may be accepted based on teacher’s discretion.
- Must complete Application Form below, and return to Tracy Kreiter.
- Part-time, or “drop-in” care is also available with the same rates/guidelines within this document.
After School Care Room (Elementary wing) will be the primary location.
Monday – Thursday: After School - 6:00 PM
Friday: After School - 5:30 normal; changes to 4:30 PM from Nov 1 - Feb 1
MAA Early Dismissal (1/2 days): After School - 6:00 PM (Child must bring their own lunch, as MAA does not provide lunch on ½ days.)
Midland After School Care will not be available on Breaks, Snow Days, Holidays, or child Sick Days.
- Price is $5.50/hr. per student, with a 1-hour minimum per day.
- There will be a minimum charge of $11.00 (2 hours) per month.
- A half-price discount of $2.75/hr. is available to the 3rd child of one family.
- After the first hour, pricing will billed for the exact time (per minute) at the rate of $5.50/hr. (Example: if your child stayed for 1.23 hrs., you will be billed for $5.50 X 1.23 = $6.77).
- The (billed) Start Time will begin at 3:20 pm (M-Th).
- The (billed) Start Time will begin at 1:30 pm Fridays.
- The (billed) Start Time will begin at 12:10 pm on 1/2 days.
- Parents will be billed monthly. Payment is due on or before the 10th of the following month (just like Midland’s tuition schedule). Example: January payment is due on February 10 or before.
- If payment is not received by the 15th, a late fee of 5% of the total bill will be assessed.
- If payment is not received by the 20th of the month, your child will not be allowed in After Care until payment is made in full.
- Payments will be collected by Tracy Kreiter or the Office. Checks should be made payable to Midland Adventist Academy (MAA). For accurate accounting purposes, please only pay the exact amount due.
- A healthy snack will be provided. (Please list any food allergies or restrictions on Application Form.)
- Homework time. (Homework will not be enforced by the child care teacher. Only the student knows whether he/she needs to do homework.)
- Socialize with friends.
- Recreation in gymnasium (if available), or outdoor play (weather permitting).
- Kids movie time
Please complete the tentative schedule in the Application Form for the days/times you’ll need care. If your child is not going to be present on their regular scheduled day, please email or call/text Tracy's cell phone at (913) 237-7987. This is to ensure your child’s safety and whereabouts.
Pickup location is the front entrance. Please come to the After School Care room to pick up your child. Please initial the sign-out sheet with actual pick-up time. Please call/text Tracy's cell at (913) 237-7987 if you are running late for pick-up.