You got questions? We've got answers!
School Day Hours:
M - TH 9:10am - 3:20pm
F 8:10 am - 1:30 pm
What time may I drop my student off in the morning?
- Between 7:30am-8:00am, students enter through the cafeteria door on the south side of the building.
- After 8:00am, students enter through the front door of the school and go directly to their classroom.
What time do I need to pick up my student in the afternoon?
- A teacher is on duty M – TH until 3:50pm and on Friday until 2:00pm. (students should be picked up promptly)
What do I do if my child is sick and can’t come to school?
- When your child is sick and will not be attending school, please notify the office before 9:00am.
What happens if my child becomes sick while they are at school?
- If a student becomes sick at school, a parent will be notified and the student should be picked up. Please refer to our COVID-19 plan for details.
What if my students needs to take medication during school hours?
- If a student needs medication during school hours, medicine and instructions should be left with Mrs. Fairchild in the office.
Is there a lunch program?
Hot lunch is available each day. Lunch cards may be purchased in the office with cash or check. $40.00 for ten lunches. These cards are kept in the office and marked when used.
How do we know if school is cancelled due to inclement weather?
- In case of inclement weather, you will be notified of school closing via RenWeb Parent Alert. If parents deem conditions unsafe for travel, and If the school district where you live is closed, your child’s absence will be excused.
Is bus transportation available?
- Bus transportation to and from AdventHealth Shawnee Mission Early Learning Center is provided on a daily basis. Bus fees are calculated at $2.50 per one-way ride, with a maximum of $85.00 per month.
Is there an after school care program?